It’s not going to be that kind of list. I promise.
My marriage has been pretty wonderful. Sometimes in a Disney princess sort of way, and sometimes in a The War of the Roses sort of way. (I’m kidding, people.)
And it made me think of some other wonderful marriages, many of which make any day – including Valentine’s Day – that much more wonderful.
- Peanut butter and chocolate. I pledge my undying love to you, Reese’s.
- Cookie dough and vanilla ice cream. Whoever was impatient enough to skip the whole bake-the-cookies step is a genius, and I applaud that impatience wholeheartedly.
- Apples and caramel. Let’s ignore the fact that we are coating vitamins and nutrients in pure sugar, shall we? We shall!
- Coffee and French vanilla flavored creamer. Let’s be honest. I love coffee because it’s just an appropriate vessel to binge on French vanilla flavored creamer in polite company.
- Laundry detergent and Febreeze. (And you thought it was all about food, didn’t you.) You know, no one would even have a date in the first place if their clothes smelled like dirty gym socks and rotting pineapples.
I could go on, but we all know I’d just start talking about food again, and Fat Tuesday isn’t until next week (wocka wocka!).
Happy Valentine’s Day! I love you! (Seriously. I do.)